Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Daddy, sing it again.

We are impressed every single day at Sam's ability to use language. I know that all of us eventually learn to talk, but it's just so cool to watch such a tiny little guy add word after word into his vocabulary. Of course, we expect kids to learn words such as baba, mama, dada, etc. because we try and try to teach those words, but now Sam is at the point where words just spill out of his mouth that we didn't explicitly teach, he instead just picked up on them. So cool.

Anyway, the title of this post "Daddy, sing it again" was something Sam said tonight after Peter finished reciting the ABCs. It probably doesn't seem like much to most people, but we were really impressed because we think it is the longest complete sentence he's actually spoken. He has lots of strings of words such as "baba, fridge, get it", which is what he says to me EVERY morning when I go to get him out of his crib. He doesn't quite understand yet that this doesn't exactly sound very polite, but we'll get there:-)




4 comments:

Amber said...

Great seeing you guys this week. I can't believe how big Sam is getting. Both John and I said to each other what a great kid he is after dinner. What a cutie!

Amy said...

Kristin and Peter,

What a wonderful little boy you have! I can tell how proud he makes you both feel. I am so excited to celebrate his 2nd birthday soon! (By the way, Uncle Luke and I will be there.) Thanks for the new post! Love the pictures!
Amy

Candace said...

I can't wait to celebrate his birthday with him! I feel like I miss out on so much!

Anonymous said...

Sam,
We miss you so much we will see you at your birthday party, or hopefully sooner. Looks like you had lots of fun at the park. We love you!! Grandpa Roy and Grandma Kim