Friday, March 13, 2009

In Memory of Holly

My aunt and godmother, Holly Titus, lost her battle with cancer yesterday at the young age of 45. It's been a whirlwind week since it was just discovered she had cancer on Monday. Our thoughts and prayers are with my uncle Larry and my cousins Ryan, Jessie, and Josh and their families. Holly had a big heart, always put her family first, and could make anyone laugh at any time. I'm grateful that I had the chance to visit with her this past December when she was home for Christmas. She will be dearly missed.
Me, Aunt Holly, and my sister Candace in 1982

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It brings tears to my eyes seeing this.
Thanks Kristin

DAD

Cavanaughs said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your whole family. We love you guys.

The Cavanaughs

Casey and Tom said...

Kristin-- I'm so sorry. It sounds like you had a very special relationship with your Godmother.

Candace said...

That picture of her holding me and you is crazy cause she looks so much like Mom/Kari/you. I am going to miss her a lot.

Karine and Tom said...

We're so sorry to hear about your family's loss. We're thinking about you all during this tough time.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't expecting to see Holly's beautiful smile on your site. It brought tears to my eyes, there is a huge void in my life. Countless times I have picked up the phone thinking I will give her a call and she is not there. She always thought of everyone else first. In the hospital the day before she died, Dave was talking to her on the phone and she thanked him for letting me come to North Carolina to be with her. I couldn't believe it, no poor me, just very thankful. What a sweetheart! She taught us many lessons in her short life!
Love Auntie Sharon