Sunday, September 18, 2011

Stitches

Well, with two small boys in our house, it was bound to happen. We had our first experience with stitches. Sam was in bed. I had just changed Charlie, and I set him on the floor and told him to go give Sam a hug good night. I went to wash my hands, and I even paused in the doorway to admire the sweet hug that was taking place between them. Then seconds after I left the room, I heard a loud thump followed by intense tears. According to Sam, he was hugging Charlie, Charlie let go, tripped, and fell, hitting the side of his head on the bookshelf. Hmm. His ear took the hit. It actually looked like someone took a scissors and snipped the edge of his ear. Ouch!

A big thank you goes to my husband for being the rational one that evening. I cried. I cuddled my baby. I told Peter it looked like he needed stitches. Peter took action, called the nurse line, and took him in.The little guy had to get sedated for the procedure. They were gone for four hours, and my dear husband missed the first night of Sunday night football without complaint:) Charlie had to wear a hand bandage all week so he wouldn't pick at the stitches. Today, one week later, the stitches have been removed. I'm pretty sure it will leave a scar. I'm sure it won't be the first.



1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Ooh...poor Charlie! It sounds like Sunday night was very stressful...I hope Charlie is feeling better!