Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to Reality

Today was my first day back at school, so the boys are back in daycare. Sam has been very excited to go, and when I picked him up this afternoon, he said he was sad to leave his friends. When I told him he was going back tomorrow, he cheered:) It was Charlie's first day at a formal daycare, and I think he was pretty exhausted by the change of routine and a new environment. He was asleep by 7:45 tonight. He usually doesn't get tired enough for bed until 8:30-9, well after Sam is asleep. For me and Peter, it was our first attempt at getting ourselves, a preschooler, and a baby (and a dog) ready for the day and out the door by 6:45 a.m. I fully realize lots of people do this sort of thing every morning, but it was a first for us, and I'm pleased to say it went off without a hitch! We'll see how long it takes before we get lazy and don't get a lot of the prep work done the night before (making lunches, setting the coffee pot, getting clothes ready, writing out daycare checks, having bottles ready, etc.). That would make for a much more stressful morning! Here's a pic of the boys before their first day of "school".
On a side note, the boys are actually starting to play together now, which is so sweet and melts my heart. That being said, this has also been the beginning of Sam getting upset because Charlie is taking "HIS" toys and "getting them wet" (i.e. putting them in his mouth and drooling on them). Overall, though, it is really fun to watch, and I hope they continue to enjoy playing with each other.
When I saw Charlie before taking this picture, I asked Sam if he put the little rattles on Charlie's ankles. He said "No, Mommy. Those are band-aids. I put band-aids on him." Maybe we have a future little doctor on our hands!

No comments: